COSMETIC TATTOING FAQ
If you feel any of the below contraindications may apply to you please contact us and we can discuss this with you further.
DOES COSMETIC TATTOOING HURT?
Everyone’s pain threshold is different. Some clients experience little to no pain while others find it a little more uncomfortable. In order to minimise any discomfort we use two topical Anesthetics (similar to what is used before botox/fillers).HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Generally Cosmetic Brow Tattooing lasts 12-18 months however everyone holds pigment differently. Some medications, skin care, skin types etc can cause your brows to fade quicker then others so we can not guarantee how long your brows will last before requiring a touch up.
We recommend only light, minimal makeup be worn the first 7 days after treatment while keeping foundation away from your brow area. NO BROW POWDERS/PENCILS FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS.DO I HAVE TO LOOK AFTER MY EYEBROWS AT HOME?
Yes the first 7 days are just as important as the treatment. We give you an Aftercare Kit and explain what you need to do for the first few days.IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN MAKE ME NOT SUITABLE FOR TREATMENT?
- We do not offer Cosmetic Tattooing if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you think there is a possibility you may be pregnant we recommend you have a blood test.
- If you have Diabetes we require a letter from your GP.
- If you have a heart condition or high blood pressure and are taking blood thinning or any cardiovascular medications we require a letter from your GP.
- If you have a history of epilepsy or seizures we require a letter from your GP.
- We will not tattoo if you have a tendency to keloid or have any skin issues such as Psoriasis, Rashes, Abnormal skin texture, moles, dermatitis etc on the brow/eye area.
- If you have ever had a reaction to dental anaesthetics/dental blocks please inform us before making an appointment.
- If you are usually required to take antibiotics for any dental procedures then you will also require antibiotics before your appointment.
- Chemotherapy/RadiationTreatment must be completed 2 months prior to treatment and have a doctors clearance.
- Roaccutane, Retin-A medications or topical creams must be stopped 6 months prior to treatment.
- No Botox/Fillers 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Skin care that contains Alpha Hydroxy must be stopped 2 weeks prior to treatment.
PRE TREATMENT - VERY IMPORTANT!
If you’ve ever hired a professional painter they will tell you that “it’s all in the prep”. Professional painters know that they get the best results when they spend extra time sanding, filling holes, making sure edges are smooth and applying the right primer. Well Cosmetic Tattooing is very similar. You will get much better results when you properly prep. The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated.
Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/tint one week before procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have botox 2 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Wash your hair the day before or day of your appointment
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)